Portland, OR, United States
Mar 23, 2020
Become a Part of the **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.. Team
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Innovation is oxygen for **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.., and the company depends on its talented, global workforce to breathe originality and curiosity into everything they do. The Nike Advanced Innovation team strives for lighter, faster, bigger, smarter, smaller, more efficient, more sustainable and more personal. They imagine, research, analyze and invent the next industry-changing technology to advance athletic performance. In roles that span research, design, materials and manufacturing, the Advanced Innovation team looks to the future and focuses on making the seemingly impossible, possible.
As our Senior Apparel Development Innovator, you will utilize your advanced expertise related to product fit, development, research and manufacturing in order to provide leadership for large and complex apparel innovation projects.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience in ideation and research with tangible results, possesses a clear and solid working knowledge of product construction concepts. Innovative and curious thinking, excellent problem solving skills and an innate ability to deal with ambiguity. Able to lead multiple complex projects at one time and prioritize work according to potential impact.
You will collaborate closely with a cross-functional project teams to understand the creative vision for each project and translate design concepts into 3D product. You will also translate and/or communicate design concepts to generate 2D patterns as needed. You will generate new ways of thinking about aspects of performance-based products that result in growth opportunities and competitive advantages in the marketplace. You will perform scientific and technological investigation directed toward the acquisition of knowledge for new technologies, methods of make and construction processes. You will produce proof-of-concept prototypes.
Senior Apparel Development Innovators lead innovation projects that turn concept ideation into reality by working in, or with, multi-disciplinary teams to include product creation, manufacturing and global materials. They meet complex challenges with imaginative state-of-the-art approaches supported by feasible solutions. You will draft reports and present results and concepts at the functional department level. You'll utilize the knowledge required and best practices to assist the transition of technology to product.
- Create concept ideas from 2D to 4D
- Own Garment factory Innovation center communication and collaboration, end to end concept development
- Explore new Methods of Make
- Lead prototype integration process
- Collaborate and champion project calendars
- Athlete fit expert, facilitating fit sessions prototype reviews
- Create develop transition documentation
- Product security oversight
- Bachelor's degree in Apparel Design, Pattern Making, Textile Science or related field
- Minimum 6 years' apparel development experience
- Advance knowledge of the apparel development process from concept through production, including but not limited to pattern making, construction, engineering, costing, consumer electronics, manufacturing, materials, machinery
- Strong collaboration skills among a diverse talent project team
- Ability to lead functional teams or large, cross-functional projects
- Ability to work with vendors to ensure execution and manufacturability
- Ability to interpret concept ideas and offer solutions
- Proficiency with MC Office programs
- Ability to use Adobe Illustrator and knowledge of CAD Pattern
- Design software (Optitiex or Browzwear)
- Digital platforms- CLO, Computational Design: Grasshopper/Rhino
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel 10-20% includes International travel
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***..