Miami Beach, FL, United States
About 1 Hotels
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive properties in Miami's South Beach and Manhattan's Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo's Brooklyn Bridge Park. All 1 Hotels properties are inspired by a simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference.
1 IS ABOUT NATURE - Sustainability and Conservation at 1 Hotels at South Beach
Our goal is to celebrate all that is beautiful, natural and pure ---- and inspire us to live a more natural life. We want 1 Hotels to be the experience that encourages people to live well, do better, and connect with our environment, ourselves and others in a deeper, richer way. We are minimizing the impact to our environment in many different areas. There is no use for plastic bottles because we have triple filtered water for our guests. With sustainability and conservation in mind, 1 Hotels South Beach was built using sustainable harvested beetle kill pine. Our clothes hangers are made out of recycled paper with soy based ink. We focus on being more than a brand, but a cause.
Additional information can be found at ****Position Overview:
Primary responsibility is to deliver excellence in quality spa services to guests in a timely, courteous and efficient manner. Escort clients to and from treatment rooms, attending to any immediate needs throughout spa visit. Assists in providing information to any inquiries and helps to coordinate all guest requests for services. Client/Guest follow-up will be expected. Retail and Bamford product knowledge will be a focus to assist in building a successful At Home Care program.
Individual needs to have a professional appearance and warm, accommodating confident, enthusiastic, motivating personality. Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees are required to work varying schedules, including weekends and holidays, to accommodate the business and demands of the hotel.
•Ability to give a timely Spa Service providing true relaxation and a beneficial experience to each guest
•Maintain complete knowledge of all Bamford products and services
•Ability to perform all esthetic services offered on the menu (facials, facial and body waxing)
•Maintain and perform all the facial and waxing protocols on current spa menu.
•Must be able to use and maintain facial equipment (such as steamers, magnifying lamps, high frequency, wax pots, derma globes, extractors, and hot towel cabinets).
•Must abide by the Rules and Regulations of the Florida State Board of Cosmetology.
•Up sell services for guests.
•Knowledge of draping procedures and protocol
•Ability to focus attention on guests needs, remaining calm and courteous
•Ability to remain quiet during treatment
•Ability to promote positive relations with all individuals who approach the spa
•Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up
•Ability to maintain confidentiality of all guest information and pertinent hotel data
•Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision
•Ability to perform a minimum of six treatments per shift
•Ability to work cohesively with other departments and co-workers as part of a team
•Ability to recommend and sell Bamford spa products to guests for At Home Care
•Consistently provide any and all lateral service needed.
•Assist in overall spa operations, such as: laundry, booking, tours, special request, etc.
•Maintain every area of the spa to standard at all times.
•Checking guests in an escorting and orientating them in the locker rooms.
•Checking guests out and assisting them with Bamford products.
•Sell retail products to guests and maintain the most up-to-date product knowledge.
•Perform any task deemed necessary by management.
•Other duties may be assigned.
Some benefits of working with us at 1 Hotels South Beach
Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive your passion for nature such as:
• Retirement planning - a great 401(k)/retirement savings plan
• Work life balance: Paid Time Off, Holidays (Earth Day is a holiday)
• Pre-tax benefits to encourage commuting, and even free bicycle parking
• Annual 8 hours paid to volunteer & hotel organized volunteer opportunities
• Wellness is important - competitive healthcare benefits & delicious, healthy meals - which are free
• Sustainable, beautiful and inspiring work environment - You see and feel nature everywhere in the hotel
• Our hotel is in the historic and world famous South Beach area of Miami, directly on the Atlantic Ocean
• More Wellness - A great partnership with Soul Cycle right next door. Take as many spinning classes as you want. Yes for free!
• We encourage walking along the beach before or after work as a way to take in the exceptional beauty of our beaches and ocean
• Career advancement, in-house training, cross-training, specific certifications to ensure 5 Star standards are met, special projects
relating to brand awareness / messaging and education assistance
* Maintain and encourage a culture of sustainability by hiring, training and leading to support team and guest facing initiatives and practices.
* Build and maintain a sustainability focused culture and execute initiatives to enliven this culture such as paper friendly practices, less than tokens, and ensuring team members are fluent in sustainable amenities and features. Requirements QUALIFICATIONS
2 years in esthetic practice or in resort spa as a therapist preferred. Must be Florida licensed.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
MUST THE APPLICANTS SUPPLY THEIR OWN WORK PERMIT?: