Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors, our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences --race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective — in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC
The purpose of this role is to oversee execution of all Creative Services-related projects for a select group of St. Martin’s Press non-fiction and fiction titles, including those from the Minotaur imprint. This includes copywriting, putting projects into design, routing for final approval, and trafficking approved projects to vendors. A crucial component of this role is to take the lead on working with others across the creative and marketing teams, spearheading development of marketing, promotion, and advertising ideas from concept to realization.
• Ideation and Creative Development of projects for all assigned titles
• Manage all Creative Services-related projects for assigned titles: e.g. in-take of project from request, input into status grid, input into design, routing for approval, and trafficking assigned projects to vendors
• Copywriting and collaborating with the designer for all advertising and promotional materials required for assigned titles
• Serve as primary point of contact for Creative Services assigned projects for publisher, editors, authors, marketing and publicity teams
• Participation in project meetings to brainstorm, hone, and share these ideas
Required Skills / Knowledge:
• Strong communication, organization, and writing skills—including copy writing
• Fluency in key marketing and promotion concepts and tools including email, social media, search, as well as traditional book marketing
• Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively
• Proficiency with Google drive – sheets, slides, and documents
• Book publishing or equivalent experience
• Copy writing
Educational Background Required:
• College degree or equivalent work experience